11.8.04

i suck at applying for jobs

but i did apply for two today!
unfortunately, the resume i sent had my wes address and phone. so, unless they email me...
i did win settlers of catan tho! so, my settling-cardboard-island skills are still sharp.
and... um... i still have health insurance it turns out, for another month and a half. so i get to see every doctor one last time! woot to new glasses and contacts!
oh and i got an idea for a skirt i want to make, if i can find the right fabric. that's kind of a big if, as it also depends on me going to a store and all. we'll see.
oniondreams is doing fantastically, so y'alls should check it out... and we love comments there too... at least, i do, i guess i can't speak for my partners in crime.

2 comments:

  1. comments indeed do rock. that same thing happened to me with a resume i sent. i had my wes phone number from the previous year on it. but the good part is that i got the job anyway! (it's the one i have right now.) even though when they called for my phone interview ... they called dave ruder instead...
    but yeah, i would say re-send them a corrected resume. you can make up some excuse that doesn't sound too lame, right? anything's better than having them call the wrong people! read my blog (once i finish posting in it that is) to hear about some job interviews i witnessed today...

    ...
    idea! you could say "I sent you the resume with my cell phone number, but I'm currently in a place without service, so here's the number to reach me at?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. "idea! you could say "I sent you the resume with my cell phone number, but I'm currently in a place without service, so here's the number to reach me at?'"

    That sounds like a good one! As long as they don't somehow catch you.. But that won't happen until someone new gets the number in 3 weeks. And of course, write it as: "..so here's the number at which you can reach me." :)

    ReplyDelete