17.8.04

When in doubt, try intimidation...

First of all, WTF!?! We really need those UN observers for this election (as if we didn't 4 years ago...) It really is a cleptocracy; it makes me want to scream. I'll get my chance soon enough... The Herbert article also made my mom consider going down to the RNC, so that's cool.

Saw the new high school today. It was huge and barren and boring. It has potential, I guess, but it's no longer the funky unique "different kind of place" (as the school has always boasted of itself) that the old building was. I guess all good things must end...

Since Sunday night I've made myself a new skirt (by hand, mostly) out of an old pair of jeans, and completely repaired my falling-apart cargoes (by machine) by sewing on 6 patches. Tomorrow I'm going to the fabric store! I mean, in absence of job, I still feel compelled to produce something. Or I'm just bored.

Gearing up for the RNC, besides just getting angrier at the neo-cons. Got some goggles, and secured some masks for under bandanas. The hope is, the more prepared I am, the less I'll need anything I bring...

Wow, if I'm not already, this post might definitely put me on some FBI list... I hope y'alls are happy...

1 comment:

  1. ahh give it time...
    perhaps the funky building you came to love also started out sterile and new....
    schools w/out students always feel a bit like shells
    schools w/out students, murals, posters, smells and memories more so....

    i'm hoping things have not ended.... just need to pass the torch
    (i'll try to do my part!)

    seth

    ReplyDelete